Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom shelf using repurposed broken chair

janelle13
Growing in Experience

Bathroom shelf using repurposed broken chair

I purchased a broken chair from the local secondhand dealer for $2. I loved the detail on the back and had a project in mind. 

After cutting the back section off, I sanded and painted it in my favourite Antique White USA. 

I attached some old wooden curtain holders and secured a piece of dowel to them. I then added a shelf and attached it to the bathroom wall where it holds our toothbrushes and a handtowel.

Screenshot_20220713-214302_Facebook.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom shelf using repurposed broken chair

Hi @janelle13,

What a sensational project! You have been particularly innovative there, and I love your results. I would have never thought that this bathroom shelf was a chair in its former life; it looks purpose-built.

Congratulations on a fantastic project and re-purposing this broken chair. You've done an excellent job!

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@janelle13 

Talk about thinking outside the box so to speak. That looks fabulous.

Is the shelf where the seat used to be?

It's  a very clever idea, well done.

Cheers,

Barbara

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @janelle13

What a clever idea turning the back of the timber chair into a shelf and tea towel rail. I still believe that this is an excellent way to re-purpose timber furniture despite the fact that you're only using the back part of it. The parts you used to turn this part of the chair into functional art are a testament to your creative thinking. I would never have imagined this, it's certainly opened my eyes to the design possibilities.

Thank you very much for sharing your excellent repurposed broken chair project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects