Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I clean or replace the rubber shower glass seal?

Amylee
Getting Established

Can I clean or replace the rubber shower glass seal?

20211201_110027.jpg

20211201_110116.jpg

  heya..

Just wondering if someone could tell me if the rubber on the shower glass to the aluminium frame is silicone sealant? And also on the outside of the shower on the base a clear thick rubber if that is also sealant?

As I cant clean it with grime being under it. Can I replace it?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I clean or replace the rubber shower glass seal?

Hi @Amylee

Thank you for sharing your question about how to clean or replace the rubber seal on your shower glass.

Is your first photo of your shower tray and the shower panel? If it is, that seal you're looking at is silicone. However, it looks like a very thick seal has been applied between the glass and tray. I would hold off from removing it because it has been heavily applied. It will be very difficult to remove and if you don't clean all of it off, any old silicone left will be very noticeable when you apply the new silicone. 

The rest of the seals on your shower are clear rubber seals. I don't recommend removing them as they're specially fitted in at the factory. I suggest trying CLR 750ml Bathroom And Kitchen Cleaner to see if it removes the limescale on the seals. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects