Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you drill holes in a benchtop for the plumbing?

KDMelbourne
Getting Established

Can you drill holes in a benchtop for the plumbing?

Hi, we are looking to update our laundry. We wanted a benchtop to cover the washing machine and have a sink, and

tall broom cupboard at the end. I have included a photo of what we have and what we would like to do. Unfortunately we cannot move the washing machine taps as it is a brick wall behind. Is it practical to drill holes in the benchtop to allow access for the washing machine to the taps? (Floors are getting repaired and tiled next week)

IMG_7251.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you drill holes in a benchtop for the plumbing?

Hi @paulep,

I actually haven't seen a product designed to neaten up that type and size of hole. We do have the desk grommets, but they're 60mm. Perhaps you could paint the exposed chipboard to blend in with the rest of the white laminate. A small paintbrush and a pot of enamel paint would do.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Can you drill holes in a benchtop for the plumbing?

Morning @KDMelbourne 

Mmmm I just remembered using this type of product for edging electrical runs.  If you rock up to an electrical wholesaler and ask, they may be able to help you. You just cut it to length and because its slotted you can run it around the inside of the hole.

Panduit edging 

Tho Bunnings have this goliath 5m black edge trim and if you go instore you may be able to find an edge trim that you could use on the cabinet?

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects