Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you paint a campervan shower liner?

herj1
Just Starting Out

Can you paint a campervan shower liner?

Hi, my partner and I are renovating an older campervan we have just purchased. The walls of the shower toilet room are lined with shower liner so is plastic and are yellowed a bit. We are wondering if we can paint the walls, small corner basin and the Thurston toilet and if so what prep should we be doing and what paint should we use? Thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: campervan shower room

Hello @herj1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your caravan renovation.

As I'm sure you've observed plastic or acrylic liners are flexible. Due to this flexibility any paint product placed on its surface tends to flake and peel off. Combined with heavy water exposure the paint usually fails in a short amount of time. I'm sorry but Bunnings currently does not have a paint product that will work on a showers acrylic surface.  

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the shower? This will give our members an idea of its configuration. We can then make recommendations on possible wall lining alternatives.

Let me call on our experienced members @Peggers, @LizzieCro and @twocutekelpies for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects