Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you place Wall Art on existing tiles?

Dee76
Just Starting Out

Can you place Wall Art on existing tiles?

Can I use the below product on tiles that already in the shower or do the tiles need to be removed. If they aren’t removed what would be the outcome of using said product if used silicone around all areas water touches and ensured the sheeting did not get water going from the top of the sheeting, as in went past the area water touches and water could not flow down behind the sheeting from the top. 

Thanks 

Wall Art 2400 x 1200 x 3mm Black New York Tile Wet Area Shower Wall Panel

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wall art on tiles

Hello @Dee76

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about putting Wall Art on tiles.

I'm so sorry but the Wall Art Shower Panel is not recommended to be installed directly over existing tiles. The shower panel can only be installed over plasterboard or cement sheets that have waterproofing over it. I suggest exploring the option of removing your tiles and putting in Gyprock CSR 2400 x 1200 x 10mm 2.88sqm Aquachek™ Plasterboard RE. This will give you the chance to check if you have any leaks behind the wall. Once the new plasterboard is on and waterproofing is applied, you can now install the Wall Art Shower Panel over it.

Here is a handy link: Wet Area Panel Installation

If you need further advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects