Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cleaning tile grout

micsul
Growing in Experience

Cleaning tile grout

Sponge.jpg

Hi guys

Was reading up and trying to find a good product for cleaning grout in bathrooms and kitchen floor tiles.

The only thing l was able to come up with was Oxygen Bleach. Did a search and found that Bunnings dont sell that. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thank you.

Michael

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cleaning tile grout

Many thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @IJAS.

Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Welcome to the Workshop community,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bect73
Cultivating a Following

Re: Cleaning tile grout

This is a cheap and quick way of cleaning tile grout. 
get a toilet cleaner gel with bleach and squirt along the grout lines. Leave for 30 mins or longer. Then get a hard bristle scrubbing brush and scrub away. Rinse. Your grout should look as good as new. Hope this helps. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cleaning tile grout

Thanks for the tip, @bect73!

I must admit I hate scrubbing grout, especially if it's aged and the stains have impregnated themselves. My go-to solution at the moment is spraying with 30 Seconds 1L Shower Cleaner and leaving it for 20mins. It strips soap scum and mould and whitens dulled grout. It only needs to be flushed off with water. No scrubbing is required, but it can help in stubborn areas.

Once every couple of years, I go over all my grout with Dunlop 250ml Grout Paint - Ultrawhite, which restores it to a brilliant white, just like new.

A wise man once said, "I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.".

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects