Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cut out in Kaboodle countertop over laundry unit

PrideKnight
Growing in Experience

Cut out in Kaboodle countertop over laundry unit

Hey all,

I’m nearing the end of my European Laundry fit out, and today installed the complete laundry unit I chose, retrospectively, I should have gone with a base cabinet and separate sink, but I didn’t and here we are.

I have a nice kaboodle countertop that I’d like to extend over the laundry unit and adjoining base cabinet however, and am trying to find inspiration on the best way to cut out the countertop.

Should I just go around the full perimeter of the laundry unit? Leaving a stainless steel to reduce the chances of warping in the counter? Or should I cut flush with the inner bowl of the unit and put more of the pvc barrier on the inner rim of the cut out?

be very interested to hear other ideas.

cheers

PrideKnight
Growing in Experience

Re: Cut out in Kaboodle countertop over laundry unit

Thank you Eric and all for the words of wisdom.

I have just called time on this project, aside from some minor touch ups and finishes (the doors need a repaint, had some moisture where they were drying last night) but substantively, I’m complete, and super proud of this one!!!

Sadly the washtower is still on back order, but it’s going to fit nice and snugly where the old washer is (and may need to be a feature of property sale in the future haha)

23A1D928-F595-4680-8E94-A9B34DCE7E70.jpeg

B7D30EDD-DA45-46B9-AEBF-F9A5DD6B0D43.jpeg

84427919-F42B-4E85-A31D-CFA9E29F2374.jpeg

Re: Cut out in Kaboodle countertop over laundry unit

Great work, @PrideKnight! Keep us updated. I'm sure everyone will be excited to see your finished result.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects