Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do Kaboodle doors fit Flatpax or Bedford cupboards?

Garfield28
Growing in Experience

Do Kaboodle doors fit Flatpax or Bedford cupboards?

Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the Kaboodle raw doors will fit the Flatpax or Bedford range of cupboards also? 

Also, With the Kaboodle raw doors, is it only one side that is raw and the inside of the door has the white finish like the kitchen doors if that makes sense? And lastly do they come with the pre done with the cut outs for the concealed hinge? 

Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Do Kaboodle doors fit Flatpax or Bedford cupboards?

Hello @Garfield28

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about the Kaboodle doors.

To answer your first question, the Kaboodle Cabinet doors fit the Flatpax Utility Cabinets. However, they do not fit the Bedford Furniture Cabinets as they are sized differently. When ordering Kaboodle Raw Doors they are raw back to back and all around. When you paint the door, it must be painted both at the front and back. The Kaboodle Doors come pre-drilled for the hinges but not for the handles. It sounds like you are planning a remodeling project. Any updates you can provide while building your project would be much appreciated.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Garfield28
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the reply Eric. 

That is disappointing to hear. I was hoping to buy and match my own taste but to have to paint both sides is just too much. It's a real shame they are not coated in that white stuff on the inner side. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Garfield28 

I understand that manually painting the doors back to back is challenging. I suggest using an Ozito 400W Power Paint Spray Gun to make painting the doors easier. Using a spray paint gun will cut your painting time in half and allow you the time to prepare the other parts of your project. With a minimal investment in this tool, it opens for you other avenues of D.I.Y. such as furniture upcycling and restoration.

Here is a handy guide on how to use paint sprayers:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Garfield28
Growing in Experience

Thanks again Eric. 

My main concern also is what type of paint should I use? Something that will be hard wearing and stand up to the moisture and the biggest thing is the appearance of it. I like a gloss finish but am yet to see painted doors either passage bedroom doors or the like that come out looking nice when painted with water based or enamel high gloss paint.... add to that having to do both sides also.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Garfield28

It all depends on the type of finish you are after. For doors, I usually suggest using the Taubmans Easycoat Gloss White Doors And Trim Paint - 1L. It is formulated with the best protection possible for interior use and is specifically made for doors. Using a paint sprayer will give you a far superior finish to that of a brush-painted door. 

Painting the front and back of the door is the condition for getting the custom coloured door that you dream about. I recommend looking at the new Kaboodle Trends Range. These are the latest colours and patterns that have been added to the current line-up. Please keep us updated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects