Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Heating film

Lucille
Cultivating a Following

Heating film

Does anyone know if Bunnings will start selling the heating film? It's a product quite popular in European bathrooms. Cheers.HTB1Jw5YadfvK1RjSspoq6zfNpXam.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Heating film

Is this a form of underfloor heating? They did sell a product for a while, which was a Dunlop DIY product, but I’m pretty sure they’ve stopped selling it. You could try Special Orders?
Lucille
Cultivating a Following

Thank you Mathy. I researched a bit online. And can buy it from overseas for less than half a price of locally offered heat wiring! 

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Lucille wrote:

Thank you Mathy. I researched a bit online. And can buy it from overseas for less than half a price of locally offered heat wiring! 

I suggest you also research the product data sheets and compare it against the Australian Standards

Should the product be deemed NON-COMPLIANT in the event of an accident you will void your home insurance policy...Goodluck

Lucille
Cultivating a Following

Thank you BIM. From what I see so far the standards here are much lower than in the EU. So shouldn't be a problem.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Lucille wrote:

Thank you BIM. From what I see so far the standards here are much lower than in the EU. So shouldn't be a problem.

On the contrary, we can agree to disagree

Looking back that's what Architects and Building Surveyors said about "PE Cladding" and Sound Proofing (Insulation) Fire,etc

We all know what a disaster thats turned out. The EU codes will need to be proven and projects Certified by Fire Engineers (of which <300 Australia wide) 

Lucille
Cultivating a Following

You are confusing cladding with heating film. And I am not from UK. Wouldn't buy from there either.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects