Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I optimise this laundry space?

jayc
Growing in Experience

How can I optimise this laundry space?

Laundry space.Laundry space.

Hi Everyone,

This is my laundry. I live in an apartment and wish to add some shelving or storage, Ive got an idea of what would work. 

I stumbled across these which have served as good inspiration, however they are much bigger than required. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/little-laundry_bbundle0571

https://www.bunnings.com.au/loads-of-laundry-storage_bbundle0505

I am going to be renting this apartment out in the future so it it needs to be simple. I like the idea of the hang tracks so you can rearrange, if for instance someone also had a dryer they wanted to stack in there. Would be keen for just some baskets or shelves.

laundry.png

Recommendations would be super helpful for this newbie. 

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I optimise this laundry space?

Hi @jayc,

@EricL will be back on the site after the weekend. I trust he'll be keen to provide his thoughts then.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jayc
Growing in Experience

@MitchellMc @Remarka6le 

Oh wow, yeah this does look like a good idea as well. Ultimately I was thinking a temporary bench would be a good solution. I suppose another catch to this project is that it is an apartment and I don't have a garage with space to bang out a bench or cut wood etc. Currently converting our van into a sleeper and doing that out of apartments has been an absolute drag haha. 

Also @Remarka6le , your bench looks awesome!!

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Cheers @jayc , the bench was probably my favourite (and easiest) part of the build haha. 

PXL_20210110_064901818.jpg

You can always purchase what you need at your local bunnings and ask a member to cut it to size for you? We've certainly done that for a number of projects. 

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jayc 

I suppose it depends on what you'll use the basket for. I'm more for storage and long shelves as it is always a great way for putting stuff away. Unless you're constantly reaching for a particular item that needs to be protected from tipping then a drawer would be ideal. I suggest imagining the items that are going on those shelves and how they will be used during laundry days.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects