Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can we regrout our shower?

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

How can we regrout our shower?

6259BFC8-F674-4618-AC98-01C448FB5D3D.jpeg

Morning friends. There is moisture coming through the wall from our shower. We recently had two quotes to get it re grouted and they are very expensive. Would it be something my hubby and I could fix ourselves ? If not we will get it done. They checked the pipes in the wall with that special machine to see if they are leaking and they are not so that’s good. Apparently it’s the grout. We would appreciate your advice please 😊

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How can we regrout our shower?

Making great progress @mich1972. Well done.

Here's some guides you'll find helpful:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning Jason. Thank you 😊 

I have just been looking for information and found a few that are really helpful for my next project !!!!! Thank you for sharing them. 

I’ll tell you what Jason, all of these step by step instructions with photos makes it so much easier to understand and the videos on using the products as well. 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

5ECDC697-E34A-4A61-81E5-07713E2F6EEB.jpeg

EB30E877-AC3B-4B9B-AEB5-49C0758D5330.jpeg

0B05C4C4-6E74-4CAB-9A37-39211E5308F3.jpeg

I was so nervous with applying the Wet Area Silicone. It’s not perfect but I hope it is good enough to seal. This is the very first time I have ever done this 😆 I took my time with it. Just got the bottom of the shower screens and floor base. I certainly could not have done it without the masking tape guidelines.  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mich1972 

Thank you very much for posting your progress on the silicone application in your shower. It looks excellent, you've used the recommended procedures perfectly. Your silicone line looks great. The best part is that you've added an extra skill in your D.I.Y. toolbox. Next time you have to apply silicone to a gap, you'll know exactly what to do!

Again, thank you very much for sharing this project.

Eric

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning @EricL Thank you 😊. I am going to have a go at painting the ceiling and walls, filling in cracks ect now in this bathroom so the shower will have even longer to dry out. 

B915F3CE-287F-495B-A67D-8FE95B2663B6.jpeg

@ Well the ceiling is done. I can’t believe I did it myself !!! I used Zinsser for the undercoat as there was a massive water stain and the Dulux Bathroom Ceiling paint. 

Now to paint the walls 😆 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mich1972 

Thank you so much for posting photos of your ceiling painting project. It looks excellent and not a hint of the water stain coming through. Your bathroom project is coming along nicely, please make sure to post plenty of photos so that each project is documented thoroughly. I'm sure our members who are planning on doing a bathroom revamp are keenly watching your progress.

Eric

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Ok @EricL I will do that 😀

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

IMG_8787.jpeg

I found a cracked grout line around the bathtub and fixed it. I can’t believe when you actually start fixing things up, what else you find that needs fixing 😆

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects