Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can we stop water coming out of the shower which has been newly done with tiles?

LorraineB
Getting Established

How can we stop water coming out of the shower which has been newly done with tiles?

We need to work out what to use on front of the shower  to stop water coming out on to the bathroom floor. 

needs a bar to trap the water in , not go all out on the bathroom floor .. we use a shower curtain.. as

not able  to afford a door at the moment .

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can we stop water coming out of the shower which has been newly done with tiles .

Hi @LorraineB,

You might like to post an image of the area so our members get a better idea of some solutions they can provide. I believe I have a similar issue to yours and have considered cutting some Brutus 25 x 25 x 2.5mm x 2.4m Angle Building Moulding down to the correct length and sticking it to the tiles with Selleys 300g Wet Area Waterproof Silicone Sealant - White. This would be a fairly simple solution. Alternatively, if you didn't want to use that white plastic, there is a whole range of aluminium extrusions you could use.

Please let me know if this sounds like a solution that could work or if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How can we stop water coming out of the shower which has been newly done with tiles .

Hi Mitchell ,, This sounds a good idea will post you a snap of the shower and I need to have it as low as possible as to stop the water as well as that is why we got rid of the shower bath for simple reason was too high to step into .. enclosed is the photo anyway see what you think .. thanks for your help . shower floorshower floor

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Hi LorraineB

Is it water splashing out or water running out. Have you thought of something like https://www.bunnings.com.au/sandleford-12-x-1000mm-clear-shower-floor-channel_p0166737 its a plastic half rod. Only small but enough to give a lip so water doesnt run out. You would need some clear silicon to stick it down.

JDE

LorraineB
Getting Established

Hi JDE, That sounds exactly what would fix the problem the water is running out onto the floor but this would eliminate it running out, problem is a friend did the work for us ,tiling the floor after removing a shower bath and the floor doesn`t slope to the drain , so we have to try other measures to stop the water coming out , a door would be the answer but out of the question at the moment . thanks for your reply we will look into this,, 

Cheers Lorraine. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects