Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I stop mixer tap dripping?

lindarayner3110
Finding My Feet

How do I stop mixer tap dripping?

IMG20230718133301.jpg

Hi I need advice please my mixer tap in bathroom is dripping and I think it needs a new washer, I'm not sure where to start! also would both taps need new washers or just the mixer ? 

Thank you ☺️

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I stop mixer tap dripping?

Hi @lindarayner3110 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about fixing your leaking tap.

It's always good practice to replace both tap washers when you are upgrading or repairing your tapware. I suggest first locating your water meter and make sure that you can turn it off so that you can carry out repairs. I also recommend checking your toolbox and see if you have an adjustable wrench and long nose pliers. Once you've checked that off your tools list, I propose going to the store and looking for FIX-A-TAP 13mm 1/2" Soft Turn Tap Valve - 2 Pack or similar.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide on how to repair your tapware: How to replace a tap washer

I propose reading the guide first and if you have any questions about the steps mentioned, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How do I stop mixer tap dripping?

Thank you so much we will give it ago 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects