Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach Estilo 900 x 900 centre drain to a P trap?

mcoso
Just Starting Out

How to attach Estilo 900 x 900 centre drain to a P trap?

Hi guys,

I need help with Plumbing guidance with above,  as frankly the lack of instruction regarding the Plumbing on the product is shocking (see full packaged instructions below). 

Screenshot_20240414_224306_Drive.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to attach the packaged drainage assembly to a P trap 

20240414_222122.jpg

I'm guessing the hexagonal fitting on the thread goes below the shower base along with the rubber seal to form a tight bond with the base and the rest of the outlet system. First, Shouldn't there be a seal for the top section as well? Logic would dictate so? Secondly, how can you get this to occur as I can't find any couplings/unions that will allow this to tighten as I screw this assembly from above once I lay the base down.

Thanks in advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach Estilo 900 x 900 centre drain to a P trap?

Hello @mcoso 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have yo join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower base.

In accordance with the Australian Plumbing Code, only licensed plumbers are authorised to undertake plumbing or drainage work. 

While homeowners can handle minor tasks like changing a tap washer or replacing a shower head, ensuring strict safety standards and regulatory compliance is crucial. Enlist professional assistance for plumbing projects to safeguard your home and family.

The plumber might use a simple drop in technique using PVC pipes. Generally speaking, the plumber will make sure that the shower waste is watertight and will use a form of sealant to prevent leaks. Using a combination of adaptors the shower base will simply be dropped in place with the PVC pipes lining up.  

It is an involved procedure and requires knowledge, skill and experience to assemble it correctly. I strongly suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber so that the assembly will be done to code and covered by the plumber's warranty.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects