Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach mixer to laundry tub

joyboy20
Finding My Feet

How to attach mixer to laundry tub

Hi. I live in a caravan with a fixed annex. I had hot and cold connections to my washing machine installed. There has never been a laundry tap. I attached Y brass fittings to the pipes, allowing me to hopefully connect a mixer tap to allow me to run water into a new laundry tub. I can't find a mixer tap to fit these connections. Any suggestions please? 

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to attach mixer to laundry tub

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @joyboy20. We're so glad you've joined us.

Let me tag @redracer01 and @MitchellMc who might have some suggestions for you.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @joyboy20 

Is there any possibility of posting a photo of the current set up and where your planning to put the Y splitter in to and where you are planning to mount the mixer? By showing us the current lay out it will give us a better idea of what to recommend and offer best solution for your needs.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi Red. The hoses on the left hand side of the Y connectors are to the washing machine. On the right hand side are pieces of hose to allow me to put water in the tub. This is where I'm hoping to attach a mixer. 

20210310_102210.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @joyboy20,

If you wanted to continue to use the garden hoses, you could follow the method I've used to hook up an outdoor mixer of my daughter's mud kitchen. A Kinetic 12mm Brass Nut And Tail Kit is inserted into the end of the garden hoses and locked in place with a Prime 13-20mm Solid Butterfly Screw Band Hose Clamps. Once the mixer is installed in the hole, its hoses can be joined to the fitting with Kinetic 20 x 15mm Chrome Plated Brass Hex Reducing Nipples and thread tape.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects