Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a box that will support a bar bridge?

FELIX1BUNNY
Just Starting Out

How to build a box that will support a bar bridge?

660mm x 660mm x 890mm
THIS IS THE PACKAGING SIZE OF MY WASHING MACHINE
I NEED IN MY LAUNDRY A STRONG BOX WITH FRONT OPEN SO THAT I CAN PLACE MY WASHING MACHINE/DRYER COMBO(WMDC) IN IT AND PLACE A BAR FRIDGE ON TOP OF THE BOX
THE WASHING MACHINE WEIGHS 74 KGS
BAR FRIDGE (BF)WEIGHS 30 KGS
NEED ADVISE TO MANUFACTURE IN CHADSTONE VIC

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 660mm x 660mm x 890mm THIS IS THE PACKAGING SIZE OF MY WASHING MACHINE I NEED IN MY LAUNDRY A...

Hello @FELIX1BUNNY

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about making a strongbox for your bar fridge over your washing machine.

That is a very interesting configuration for your project. If you wish to build a timber frame to hold the weight of your bar fridge, I suggest using 70 x 35mm MGP10 UT Pine Timber Framing - Linear Metre. Assembled correctly it should be more than enough to hold the weight of the fridge even if is fully loaded. I've drawn up a proposed framework for your fridge. Please have a look and tell me what you think. I recommend using Kreg Pocket Hole Jig 310 to drill the holes in your frame.

However, if both units are not in a stand-alone situation and are next to cabinets and near a wall, you can put support timber pieces under the benchtop to support the weight of the fridge. You'll see this configuration in the last picture. When your washing machine has come out of the box, the common measurement is often 600 x 600 x 860. Please note that the measurements I've placed for your frame are for reference only, please adjust them to your needs.

My number one tip for this project is to drill pilot holes for all the screws you'll be using to prevent snapping the heads off. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your project assembled.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects