Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect bath tube tap to Washing machine

takewing4uni
Just Starting Out

How to connect bath tube tap to Washing machine

Hi,

We have a really old bath tube - which never uses for a while, and now we are planning to install the washing machine on the top of the bath tube. 

So, we are facing the problem of how to connect the washing machine hose to bath tube tap which the images have been attached. 

bath tube tap 2bath tube tap 2

Please advise us on how to install it and also what should we purchase from Bunnings !

Thanks !!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect bath tube tap to Washing machine

Welcome to the Workshop community @takewing4uni. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to provide some advice.

Can the bath spout be removed from the bath by unscrewing it? The most secure way of fixing the washing machine inlet pipe would be if you can access a threaded section of pipe. If you can, I will be able to advise what fittings are required to convert it to something suitable to attach the washing machine.

If you could provide some additional images of where the spout joins the bath, it will give me a better indication of how you might be able to remove it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects