Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to ensure whether a new toilet can replace existing?

aSmith
Just Starting Out

How to ensure whether a new toilet can replace existing?

Install Bunnings, Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush. Replace existing. Situ Rockingham. Can this new toilet I have chosen from your range be easily replaced with my existing. I will get you to install. See attached

Existing toiletExisting toiletReplace with Caroma Luna WELSReplace with Caroma Luna WELS

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install Bunnings, Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush. Replace existing. Situ Rocki...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aSmith. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a toilet.

In order to work out whether it will be a like-for-like install, you must establish if the existing pipework is positioned correctly. This is done by measuring your existing toilet. I've included the measurements for the Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush Toilet Suite below. The most important factor is the distance from the wall of your waste outlet on the floor. You can see in the image below that to fit your new toilet, the centre of your waste outlet should be around 140mm from the wall, but there is some adjustment. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aSmith
Just Starting Out

Re: Install Bunnings, Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush. Replace existing. Situ Rockingh

Thanks for replying Mitchell,

I can't see existing floor pipe (its under existing toilet) so I'll guess its in line with the floor drain and same distance from wall. Is that a fair assumption?

Can't find existing toilet specs.

Thanks so much. Judi

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to tell if this new toilet can replace my old one?

Hello @aSmith,

@MitchellMc is currently away but I'm sure will be happy to keep assisting you as soon as he can. Let me also tag our helpful members @Jewelleryrescue and @JDE for their thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install Bunnings, Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush. Replace existing. Situ Rockingh

Hi @aSmith,

I can't see where the floor waste is located relative to the toilet waste outlet. If you can take an image from the side of the toilet (it will be difficult to get it all in frame), then I can show an approximate area of where the pipe might be.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to ensure whether a new toilet can replace existing?

Hi @aSmith,

Just checking in to see whether you were able to take a side-on photo for Mitch to assist further?

I also wanted to advise that Bunnings has a toilet installation service

Thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects