Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a mouldy bathroom ceiling?

miss_Fix_it
Just Starting Out

How to fix a mouldy bathroom ceiling?

Hiya,

New here.....

I'm currently re-doing my bathroom ceiling. It's been painted but I've got flaky paint and mould, I've taken all the paint off the ceiling...most of it. There was mould within the layers also...I'm just wondering what I can put down onto this ceiling as it has a shiny sort of paint on it, do I sand it first before I apply something? Can you please let me know what I need to put down before I paint my ceiling..also I noticed my ceiling isn't flat...it's very wonky...do I use something to make my ceiling more flush? I really hope this makes sense to someone lol...

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to fix a mouldy bathroom ceiling?

Hi @miss_Fix_it Welcome to workshop! I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with the ceiling. Do you have a photo of the ceiling to better help workshop members in their advice on how to fix it? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @miss_Fix_it,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us.  

Great to see you receive a helpful reply from Jess. She is absolutely right that it would be super helpful to be able to see your ceiling so members can see the extent of the damage and be able to provide more specific advice. 

I will ask our Bunnings D.I.Y. experts to assist you as soon as possible, but in the meantime you might also get some helpful tips from previous discussions such as:

Hope that helps get the discussion started,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @miss_Fix_it

I'm intrigued as well when you mention that your ceiling is a bit wonky. Small imperfections are easily repaired, but major bows and dips are an indication of something else. I don't wish to jump the gun and make a diagnosis of your ceiling, but I believe it is best that we see it first, so we know what we are dealing with. Please let us know if you need a hand with posting photos.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your ceiling.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects