Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

kingj
Growing in Experience

How to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

Hey Guys,

I need to install bidet shower, but I dont have enough space to install the Three Way Tee.

The Diverter Tee is 1/2" size, and I cannot rotate it to install since the wall blocks it. 

Is there something like an elbow which would give me more space to install this.

Capture.JPGfor the tee to rotate this is the space requiredfor the tee to rotate this is the space requiredrequired alignmentrequired alignmentcurrent conditioncurrent conditionend should be like thisend should be like this

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Install a bidet shower head to my toilet

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question @kingj.

Let me mention @MitchellMc and @redracer01 who may be able to help. Just note that our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will be back on the site on Friday to assist.

I'm sure our community members will have plenty of suggestions in the meantime.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to install a bidet shower head to my toilet?

Hello @kingj 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. Thank you for sharing your query with the community. Since there is not enough space to join the cistern tap to your bidet tap I suggest to remove the cistern tap and connect the bidet tap direct to the wall outlet. You will need a Kinetic 15mm Chrome Plated Brass Hex Socket and screw that to the brass wall outlet and then screw the bidet tap to the socket. Please make sure to use thread tape so that the connections are secure and that you don't get a leak. Thank you for sharing your diy journey.

Red

Screenshot_2021-04-29 Kinetic 15mm Chrome Plated Brass Hex Socket.png

Please note : Please make sure to follow all local and council laws and regulations regarding the connection of bidet sprayers in your area. As every area is different you may have to inquire at your local council. This is for your safety and the safety of others.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

kingj
Growing in Experience

Thanks, but I am unable to remove the cistern tap.

How would I do that, it looks to firm to be moved or rotated.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @kingj 

You will have to turn the water off to the main house and use an adjustable wrench to remove the cistern tap. I have placed a picture below. Good luck and stay safe.

Red

Screenshot_2021-04-29 Craftright 250mm Adjustable Wrench.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

kingj
Growing in Experience

Thanks @redracer01 

Have tried this, but didnt work. Due to lack of space around ( there is cabinet next to it) I cant open the tap. 

Is there no other option to extend it out.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @kingj,

It's great to see you're already receiving helpful assistance from the knowledgeable @redracer01. Does the bidet sprayer have its own trigger? If so, removing the current mini tap and replacing it with a Kinetic 15 x 15mm Matte Black Brass Double Mini Tap would be the easiest option. Is the issue using the adjustable wrench that you can't attach it at all onto the fitting? You should still be able to use it in a fairly confined area. Sometimes though, it's just not possible. 

Any fitting I can think of that would extend it out has to be at a right angle. Due to this, it will hit the wall in the same way you are already experiencing. Although it wouldn't be my first choice, and if you didn't need to operate the three-way tee often, then you could attach a Kinetic 225mm Flexible Water Connector to the mini tap on the wall. You could then attach your three-way tee onto the end of the flex hose. It wouldn't be the best solution but could potentially get you out of trouble.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

ReefPlumbing
Just Starting Out

You will need to have either an RPZ installed upstream of the bidet hose or an approved bidet seat with required air gap.

The National Construction Code Series Volume Three, Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA), Part B specifies performance requirements related to installing water services.

AS/NZS 3500.1.2015, Part 1 Water Services, Clause 4.2.2 states ‘no device or system that may cause contamination of a water supply shall be connected directly or indirectly to any part of a water service without appropriate cross-connection or backflow prevention control suitable for the degree of hazard’.

The OTR has determined the cross-connection hazard rating as ‘high hazard’ for:
• toilet seat douches or bidets that are either integrated into or installed in conjunction with a toilet seat
• flexible hoses installed adjacent to a toilet.

Where a ‘high hazard’ reduced pressure zone (RPZ) backflow prevention device is required, it must
be installed upstream of the toilet douche seat or flexible hose connection.
The RPZ must be fitted before connecting the property’s water service to the water meter.

This is in place to protect you and your neighbours drinking water safe for consumption.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ReefPlumbing. It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see you jump straight into the discussion.

Would something like this Kinetic Chrome Backflow Preventer be suitable, and can it be connected to the wall and the bidet hose then connected to it? If so, that sounds like a reasonably easy installation for a plumber and essential in preventing drinking water contamination.

I look forward to you sharing more of your expert knowledge with the community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects