Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install shower door seal?

Yvonne2
Just Starting Out

How to install shower door seal?

The shower door is hinged on to another piece of glass rather than the wall. How to insert shower door seal so it doesn't leak especially around the hinged section.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower door seal

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Yvonne2. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about sealing a shower door.

Could we trouble you for an image of the hinged section, and would you be able to measure the thickness of the glass? This will give our members a better idea of what solutions will work.

You can place a Sandelford 10 x 2200mm Shower Seal Strip on the edge of the glass door or stationary panel to seal the area. I've put an illustration together for you below, and I've made the shower seal white so it's easier to see. When you get to a hinge, you can either cut the strip and continue it on the other side or, for maximum protection, trim the attachment channel to slip around the hinge.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects