Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace Mondella ceramic disc cartridge?

allanjohn
Just Starting Out

How to replace Mondella ceramic disc cartridge?

Hi there,

How do I replace the ceramic disc cartridge on a Mondela Cadenza sink mixer?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace Mondella ceramic disc cartridge?

Hello @allanjohn 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's splendid to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing the ceramic disc cartridge of your sink mixer.

Before you begin your repairs, I suggest timing the repair when there are no people in the house. Turn off the mains water supply into your house to prevent accidental flooding. Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your kitchen tap repair.

In order to replace the ceramic disc cartridge, the handle of the sink mixer must first be removed. It is often held in place by a grub screw. The position of the grub screw is either under the handle or the bottom part of the handle itself. You'll need an Allen key to remove the grub screw. 

I suggest having a quick look at these discussions - How to replace Mondella ceramic disc cartridge? by @MarcParkes and How to replace cartridge on Mondella sink mixer tap? by @Kwongk.

These two discussions will give you a very good idea of how to remove the handle from your sink mixer. Once the handle comes off, the next step is to remove the cover shield by hand and then use a shifting spanner to remove the brass locking ring. When the locking ring comes off, you can now slide out the ceramic disc cartridge.

I recommend bringing the cartridge with you to the store to make sure you get the correct size. Please do not over tighten the brass locking ring to prevent cracking the ceramic cartridge.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects