Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace toilet lid button part?

mubsy
Finding My Feet

How to replace toilet lid button part?

Hey All,

was trying to repair a loose button on my toilet and this happened... wondering if anyone know if that part can be purchased on its on and the name? or do i have to purchase the complete kit. please assist!!

IMG_20231108_091422.jpgIMG_20231108_091429.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace toilet lid button part?

Hello @mubsy 

Thanks for sharing your question about your toilet lid buttons. I suggest having a look at the Fluidmaster 124 x 30mm Dual Flush Cistern Button as they appear to be a compatible replacement set. However, please make sure to bring your flush button set to the store to make sure they are the same size and shape. 

Another option is to bring your flush buttons to the special orders desk and ask them to quote you a spare part. They will send a photo of the flush button to Caroma so that it can be properly identified, and the correct replacement part ordered.

If the buttons are faulty then I would recommend replacing them with a new set. But if it is only the plastic holder that's broken it might be possible to repair it with Gorilla 59ml Glue Bottle. The only drawback of course is that it's difficult to tell how long the repairs will hold up. I'll leave the decision up to you.   

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects