Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stick fallen tiles back onto shower wall?

SamL1
Finding My Feet

How to stick fallen tiles back onto shower wall?

Hi all, I have recently moved into a property and have noticed some of the bathroom shower tiles were loose, so I pulled them off and am enquiring about the best way to adhere them back on so water doesn't leak in the gaps. The tiles are adhered to a concrete slab which forms the base of the step in shower. I am not sure if I should waterproof the area or reapply the tiles and grout only. Any advice would be appreciated ! 

20240409_144201.jpg

20240409_151340.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stick fallen tiles back onto shower wall?

Hello @SamL1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your shower tiles.

If the tiles have fallen off due to water ingress, it might be a symptom of a larger issue. Technically you can glue the tiles back on using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive. However, I suggest locating the source of the leak first so that it can be fixed. 

I recommend speaking to your property manager or the landlord and report to them what is happening. In this manner the shower can be assessed properly, and the leak addressed before any repair is carried out.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SamL1
Finding My Feet

Re: How to stick fallen tiles back onto shower wall?

Thank you for your detailed response ! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects