Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to update tiny laundry?

sophiewilliams
Just Starting Out

How to update tiny laundry?

our laundry is tiny and needs updating. I would love to replace trough with base cabinet and insert sink . And then have Benchtop running from broom cupboard to end of the wall. The broom cupboard we have is staying. The length from the end of broom cupboard to the wall is 1400. Can’t go deeper than 500 for base cabinet needs to stay flush with door arch . So basically I have 1400 long by about 500 deep to play with. Washing machine is is 600 wide. And 500 deep. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to update laundry

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sophiewilliams. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your sharing your project.

I believe what you have described would be very achievable with a Kaboodle 600mm Base Cabinet and a 2200 x 600 x 26mm Beech Laminated Panel. The cabinet is 560mm deep so might require a bit of custom work around the door frame. I'd also recommend removing those tiles and updating them with something a bit more modern. We have a great range of tiles to choose from.

I've included below a rendering of a very basic layout for inspiration.

If you have any specific questions about your project I trust our helpful community members would have some great advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to update tiny laundry?

Hi @sophiewilliams,

How is your laundry project progressing? I assume Mitchell's design and assistance was very helpful, but please let us know if you need a hand with anything else and we look forward to seeing an update with progress.

Thanks,

Jason

khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

Hi there,

I wonder how this laundry renovation is going. I have a similar layout with a linen cupboard then a Clark 45L metal tub and then my washing machine. My dryer is hung on the wall just above the washing machine. I have a sliding door instead of a swinging door. I would like storage under the sink, above the sink and maybe above the dryer as well. I will upload my concept later. Just wondering how else can I do a proper layout in just a day.

Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @khusnil_deo. It's incredible that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @sophiewilliams, so they are alerted to your question, and hopefully, they can update us on any progress.

I'm sure you could easily replicate the design I posted above; what do you think?

Feel free to start a discussion with details of the room's dimensions and some images. I'm sure our helpful members will have some great suggestions on the layout for you. If you haven't already, be sure to check out @Adam_W's guide on How to plan a laundry renovation.

Mitchell

khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

my laundry conceptmy laundry conceptthis is the actual tub installedthis is the actual tub installed

The first image is the actual size of my laundry with the metal sink installed as shown in the second pic. Please note where the table is in pic 1 is where the front loader washing machine is and the dryer is wall mounted just above the washing machine. My problem is that I have a glass sliding door as shown in Pic 1. I would appreciate ideas to increase storage, which clearly I don't have :unhappy:

Sorry for the delayed reply @khusnil_deo. I'll ask @EricL to get back to you as soon as possible with suggestions.

Let me also tag @diy_hausdesigns and @rubytuesday1953 who may be able to share some ideas.

Stevie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @khusnil_deo 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about adding storage in your laundry.

My apologies for the late reply. I've been trying to think of ways to add storage to your laundry area. The only area that is still free is the opposite wall of your laundry room. A wall cabinet is 320mm deep and can be mounted onto your existing wall. You can have three of them stacked on top of one another or have a gap in between with a benchtop on the first row. If we placed those cabinets on the wall you should approximately still have a gap of 1 meter between cabinets. I've drawn the layout below.

The only space left is above your laundry tub as the space beside it will be occupied by the dryer. I suggest transforming your existing door into a sliding door to allow you to use all the space in the laundry. Please have a look at the drawings and tell us what you think. If you wish to see it in another configuration, please let me know and I will more be than happy to re-draw it for you.

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving and @craftyhopper for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

kushnil laundry1.jpgkushnil laundry2.jpgkushnil laundry3.jpgkushnil laundry4.jpgkushnil laundry5.jpg

khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

@EricL Thank you for your suggestion. I like you idea very much. I can do only one wall as that's all the space I have. Do you think I can get away without replacing the sliding door as its a new build and still under builders warranty please? I am also attaching a pic similar to your drawing, your's has a lot more storage which I like.Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 7.14.16 pm.png

If you're not intending on having cabinetry on both sides, I see no reason why you couldn't keep the existing door @khusnil_deo. I believe @EricL would have utilised the sliding door in the design to provide maximum storage space within the laundries footprint. I'm sure he'll let us know if there would be any issues.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects