Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Integrating vanity with washing machine

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

Integrating vanity with washing machine

Hi,

We are currently building a shed, which has a bathroom (~1.6m by 4.3m).

I am thinking of integrating the vanity with the washing machine.

I've seen some fantastic work at the workshop, but need some advises on how to put them together.

I am planning to set aside 1.2 -  1.3m for the unit.

This is the design which I am interested, but washing machine sits on the ground, without the door for washing machine and side panel at the end of the washing machine.

321.jpg

Is that possible?

Can anyone advise what are the considerations I need to put them together?

Appreciate for your advises.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Integrating vanity with washing machine

Hello @Sunda

Thank you for sharing your proposed project of integrating your washing machine with your vanity. You'll notice in the photo that they have joined drawer fronts together to create the illusion that there are drawers under the sink. One of the main considerations for this type of build is plumbing. Not only do we need to consider the waste pipe but the tapware and pipe layout of the dishwasher. This will take up a lot of space in your vanity and putting in drawers will be difficult if not impossible.

Some vanities have custom-built drawers that consider plumbing but only for vanity tapware. It is not meant for an integrated build like you are proposing. Allow me some time to draw up a plan for you so that you will see what needs to be done for you to achieve your integrated vanity. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sunda
Cultivating a Following

Thank you for your advise, Eric.

I really appreciate it.

I look forward to your plan to achieve the integrated vannity.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sunda

Thank you for giving me time to draw up your plan. You can achieve this combination look with regular Kaboodle Cabinetry. Here are some tips to make sure your assembly goes well.

• I suggest drilling through the side of the cabinet at the bottom. This allows the excess hoses to spread under the vanity cabinet.
  • Drill through the bottom base panel when attaching your hoses. This allows the hoses to connect to the laundry taps with no stress applied to the hoses.
  • Have separate laundry taps. This will let you turn the laundry taps off when you need to do repairs. It will not affect your basin taps and you can continue using them. 
  • If you wish to have the drawer look in front of the vanity, you will need to drill these panels together. Please note that you will need to drill hinge holes for these panels.

Here is the cabinet and parts list.

Please have a look at the sketches and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Eric

Sunda
Cultivating a Following

Thank you for the advise, design and the itemised items, Eric.

I loved ii and it has given me some good ideas on how to assemble the unit.

Just like to check with you that I would be able to use this method for the two doors/ drawers design?

As there are two designs at the end and both look good. 

You have a good weekend

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sunda

Both designs are applicable to the cabinet that I've placed on the list. Please remember that the drawer design is only to make it look like there are drawers. These drawer panels must be joined together and hinge holes must be drilled for it.

We look forward to seeing your washing machine/bathroom vanity assembled.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects