Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry and home storage makeover

MakeItYours
Bunnings
Bunnings

Laundry and home storage makeover

Laundry Hero.png

This week we’re giving our laundry a makeover. We show how easy it is to max out storage options throughout your home thanks to style queen and organiser-extraordinaire, Steph Pase.

This organisational mastermind knows exactly what every home needs to function properly – and she’s sharing her knowledge with us!

“I’m a mum of two girls who are one and three, so life is pretty busy,” she explains. “I also have a blog called Just Another Mummy Blog where I share all my tips and tricks on how to organise on a budget. “Apart from giving the laundry a facelift, I’m also going to be organising the pantry, the linen closet and the wardrobe.”

Starting with the laundry, Steph shows how to strip it back to its bare bones, adding back a new laundry trough, a cost-affective splashback, some stylish new fixtures and fittings and a new bench and hanging rack.

“I’m going to continue the floorboards into here, we’re going to rip the trough out, get rid of all these fixtures, and we are going to get a nice, big broom closet,” Steph explains.  “We’ll also get some storage happening in here, and really continue that nice Aussie, ‘coastal’ feel through to the laundry.”

Steph also ventures into the Make It Yours pantry and wardrobes to show how easy it is to organise and customise these spaces to suit your lifestyle.

“Having less clutter, really does give you a clearer mind. It makes day-to-day life – especially with kids – run a lot easier,” she explains.

Steph doesn't do all the work alone. Along the way, she has help from Bunnings team members, who’ll be on hand to show how simple it is to attempt her transformations at home via easy-to-follow how-to videos.

It really is that easy to Make It Yours! Check out Steph’s incredible laundry transformation and feats of organisational know-how in the video below.

Laundry before and after makeoverLaundry before and after makeover

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Laundry and home storage makeover

Nice work. I really like the idea of using the vinyl tiles for the backsplash. This really gets around the problem how to take the backsplash all the way up to the ceiling, which is difficult with tiles (unless you want to start ripping cornice out and refitting). Wish I’d seen this before I started re-tiling my laundry! Cheers Deb :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects