Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry glow-up

theDIYedit
Making a Splash

Laundry glow-up

I thought I would share my just-finished laundry renovation. I bought a house in 2020, and although she is only 18 years old, she has been neglected her entire life as an investment property with zero maintenance. I have taken on the task of a full house renovation, tackling one room at a time, in-between working full-time and running a small business! The laundry was as basic as you can get, with a laundry trough mounted in a single metal cabinet. At some point, someone had helpfully shoved a pantry unit in there to help with the storage issues! I had a wish list of laundry goals - bench space for organising the washing and the drying, cabinetry for much needed storage, a large sink, and tying in functionality with form. The main brief was that it had to look good, so that I enjoyed doing the laundry and spending time in there! 

I spent a lot of time perfecting the design on the 3D Kaboodle design planner - such a great visual aid and it was so useful! I actually found it very user-friendly. My budget was pretty tight, so to help get more bang for my buck, I chose the 'paint your own' raw board doors from the Kaboodle range. I painted the doors and filler / end panels in Dulux Lexicon Quarter. Aside from the plumbing (roughing out new pipework to move the location of the taps and washer connections) and electrics (moving / adding power-points), My husband and I painted, built and installed everything ourselves. We're pretty handy, but have never done anything on this scale before! The bench tops were in the 'Frosted Oak' finish, using a square edge profile. We had never turned our hands to tiling before, but we jumped on the Bunnings website and watched the tiling tutorials. We went to our local store, bought the equipment, and we never looked back! 

I hope you like what we've achieved, as we're pretty thrilled. 

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5226.jpgIMG_5225.jpgIMG_6744.jpgIMG_6749.jpgIMG_6852.JPGIMG_6373.jpgIMG_7225.jpgIMG_5717.jpgIMG_5693.JPGIMG_5721.JPG

Re: Laundry glow-up

Thanks so much! 😊

Thank you so much! I didn't, I bought them from a stone merchants in Sydney. Since I started renovating my laundry, there is a new product range in Bunnings which looks quite similar. I would jump on the website and check out what's in stock at the moment. 🙂

Thank you so much! I found that it did take a lot of planning and organising, but it has been so worth it in the end. 😊

theparlourroom
Having an Impact

Wow @theDIYedit that looks amazing!!!!! You guys did such a great job. So much nicer to do laundry in, plus you would have upped the value of the house. Love the floor tiles. Can I please get info on them? They look natural and a little textured, which is stunning. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @theparlourroom

Let me tag @theDIYedit to make sure they are aware of your question. I totally agree their makeover is just gorgeous. Their laundry makeover is so relaxing that it doesn't even feel like I'm in the laundry room at all.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@theparlourroom thank you so much for your feedback! We decided to be a bit rogue and went with a stone effect square shaped vinyl tile! The brand is Amtico and the colour is 'Ceramic Frost'. We chose them because the colour and texture does mimic natural stone, but they feel so much nicer underfoot than ceramics (in my humble opinion!). 

@EricL thanks for the tag! And thank you for your comments, it is pretty dreamy! 

@theDIYedit the floors look amazing!! I wouldn’t have guessed they’re vinyl. Probably warmer under foot than tile also. And more practical. I’m adding these details to my reno list! Congrats again on the gorgeous space. 

1LilJewel
Getting Established

Wow! what a beautiful job,  you've done amazing. the laundry tends to be a dark and forgotten space so I love the lighting.

@1LilJewel thanks so much for your feedback. It’s crazy to think how much lighter and more airy it is now, in comparison to before! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects