Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My tiny bathroom reno on an even smaller budget

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My tiny bathroom reno on an even smaller budget

Hi @JanPorter1951,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects from our wonderful members. We have clever and creative community members sharing inspiring creations and helpful advice on the site every day.

I will tag @Darren for you so he is alerted to your question about removing your bath. You might also be interested in these previous discussions:

Thanks for joining in the discussion.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Darren
Experienced Contributor

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your kind words! As for the bath vs no bath debate - it's a tricky one. Baths are a must for families with young children but if you're more likely to sell to an older buyer who may not want a bath, then a bigger shower could be a big plus. Good luck!

JanPorter1951
New Contributor

Thanks Darren.  I think I'm just asking people until someone tells me something I want to hear!!! 

Bye for now. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm happy to tell you what you want to hear @JanPorter1951😁

I would much prefer to buy your townhouse if it had a large, luxurious shower and plenty of storage compared to a bath. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same.

Jason

rmillard
New Contributor

Great way to do the walls without tiling. Thanks for the inspo

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rmillard. It's fantastic to have you join us.

Let me mention @Darren so they are alerted to your kind feedback. Are you planning your own bathroom renovation that has exposed brickwork similar to this?

Please let us know if you would like to share your project or if you need any assistance with it. Our community is full of creative members who provide inspirational projects here daily and I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration and assistance from them for your own renovations.

Mitchell

rmillard
New Contributor

Oh yes @MitchellMc I sure have a project!  I had my heart set on DIY but I've not renovated a bathroom like this before!  I would love to, but not sure if I'm going to cause myself trouble.  I have tiled walls before, and tiled floors, but never had to concrete and create the level for the shower.  I'm very open to giving anything a go and am willing to take my time. Bathroom cupboard demolished to insert a cavity shelf - probably tiledBathroom cupboard demolished to insert a cavity shelf - probably tiledWall needs to be tiled, but this render is not even and needs to be grounded somewhat. It is more raised than the plaster and thicker at the bottom.Wall needs to be tiled, but this render is not even and needs to be grounded somewhat. It is more raised than the plaster and thicker at the bottom.Bath was removed so this space needs concretingBath was removed so this space needs concretingThis shower needs waterproofing, new render and tilingThis shower needs waterproofing, new render and tilingAnother view of the bath floor that needs concreteAnother view of the bath floor that needs concreteNew floor planNew floor plan

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@rmillard,

That sure sounds like an impressive project. Please feel free to start your own discussion if you would like advice from our helpful members. We look forward to hearing more about your renovation and can't wait to see your progress.

Mitchell

HenriEtte
Budding Contributor

Great result.

jaet
New Contributor

@Darren 

I appreciate your ingenuity and creative problem solving - and honouring of the old paint tin 😊. Thank you for such a detailed description of the renovation process, complete with what you learned about the better and safer ways to do the work. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects