Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need washing machine adaptor washer

ay
Finding My Feet

Need washing machine adaptor washer

I need to replace my washing machine hose adaptor washer. It's a 25mm rubber washer. Is it available in Bunnings? 

A

16302809112964159814413330379271.jpg

16302809529863760660693796373580.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need washing machine adaptor washer

Hello @ay

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your query about the washing machine inlet hose rubber washer.

Looking at your setup, I see that you've managed to install the push-fit end of the inlet hose onto a ball valve. I suggest replacing the ball valve with a Kinetic 20mm Satin Chrome Brass Washing Machine Cock. This will allow you to remove the push-fit system and screw the hose onto a proper washing machine tap. The closest rubber washer we have in that size is the Kinetic 12mm and 19mm Nut and Tail Washers - 8 Pack. However, it will have to be installed dead center.

Would it be possible for you to post the make and model of your washing machine? This will give our members an idea of your setup and provide you with an alternative solution. If the suggested rubber washer does not work, I suggest bringing the rubber washer with you to a dedicated plumbing shop.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your inlet hose repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ay
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's great to be able to interact with a Bunnings staff during lockdown. The ball valve is for my new RO water system. I installed it yesterday. The washing machine adaptor started to leak slowly after refitting. 

The washing machine is an old Japanese "Sharp" washing machine. I shipped it to Australia 20 years ago. It's not a common model here in Australia. That was the time things were built to last 

I may have to try some special plumbing supplies.

Regards,

A

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ay

I just realized you can add a Kinetic 15 x 20mm Chrome Plated Male / Male Y Fitting. You can take the ball valve off and install a splitter, in that manner, you can still keep the ball valve for your RO and install the washing hose on the other outlet. I recommend having a look at the Pope 2 Way Brass Threaded Tap as an alternative. A washing machine tap will still be necessary unless your splitter is already attached to an existing tap. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects