Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New basin and vanity suitable?

vica
Having an Impact

New basin and vanity suitable?

Hi! Good day! I want to replace my basin which is 590mm, I want buy a new basin ,new vanity and all new accessories. The number of basin and vanity in bunnings I like is 0104362. Is it suitable for my bathroom(image 1).? Also I don’t know which accessories I need buy. Thank you all.

Vica

CDC06594-C2FB-4E57-86D8-C417608FDD87.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New basin and vanity suitable?

Hi @vica,

That vanity is part of our Mix & Match selection giving you the freedom to mix and match size, format, style, mount, finish, colour, basin and benchtop style. Here is the product brochure where you can select the base and what type of sink you would like to order.

You'll need to make sure that the 600mm wide vanity would fit in the available space. The towel rail might need to be moved as the new vanity could obstruct it. Apart from that, it looks like it would be suitable for your bathroom.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc Thank you! You are so kind ! The drain of my basin is leaking now , and basin cover Is also a bit bad.The faucet drips sometime. I want replace them when install basin and vanity. The diameter of basin cover is 40mmm. I know little about them , I read bunnings website , There are so many things! I wish you could give me some websites of bunnings. I also need bunnings help of installation. Thank  you!

Vica

vica
Having an Impact

Replace drain and basin cover

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

Hi, Good day! The drain of my basin is leaking now , and basin cover Is also a bit bad.The faucet drips sometime. I want replace them when install basin and vanity. The diameter of basin cover is 40mmm. I know little about them , I look through bunnings website , but can’t decide .I wish you could recommend goods . I also need bunnings help of installation. Thank you so much!

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica,

We would be more than happy to assist you with advice on the installation of your new vanity. The new vanity might come with a plug and waste. A suitable 40mm replacement for the current sink waste would be a Kinetic 32mm Chrome Pop Up Basin Waste. This suits both 40mm and 32mm holes in the vanities.

Once you have decided on the new vanity we can recommend suitable tapware to replace the existing leaking unit.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have along the way.

Mitchell

1C129F7B-3A12-46E9-8370-C73FA615DEBA.jpeg

5BA157BF-E879-4495-A33E-99D4BC54C973.jpeg

@MitchellMc ,Good morning! My existing leaking unit need to replace . (Image1)Would you mind to recommend one ? I have looked through in bunnings websites,but I am not sure which is better. The existing faucet is leaking bit . A bit water drops from the aperture (image2).All fittings are over 10 years. I want to replace all .

Thank you!

Vica

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@vica,

The tapware and leaking unit will need to suit your new vanity. Are you wanting to replace these now and then possibly replace them again when you get the new vanity?

Most of our sink mixers would be a suitable alternative to your leaking tap. For a temporary solution, you could use a budget-friendly option like the Estilo WELS 4 Star 7.5L/min 35mm Chrome Sink Mixer.

For the drain waste/trap, you would need to show us where it is leaking from and replace the washers. Once again the trap system would likely need to be replaced for the new vanity.

Mitchell

Great, thank you @MitchellMc ! This is where is leaking. I manage to replace it.

Vica

0C46D536-47C0-48F6-85D0-5C60AF5ADA22.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@vica,

There will be a washer inside at the point where it is leaking. Since it is leaking here it also suggests to me there is a blockage as the water should be flowing freely away and not leaking out here. If you undo the nut which is attached to the threaded section of pipe it will reveal the washer. It will most likely be similar to these trap washers. If you take the washer into a store a team member will be able to match it up for you.

It would be worth un-screwing the bottom section to see if it is blocked with hair etc.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc Thanks! Recently I asked workers to pave yard , and some sands may drop into drain after washing ,I guess.

I will be very appreciate if you can guide me how to undo, how to unscrew, just use a spanner ?

Vica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects