Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting on tile

asfaruk
Just Starting Out

Painting on tile

Dear Experts,

I want to paint over on tile, Bathtub, Shower area tile and bathroom vanity. which product do you recommend for this?  I have read in the Productreview.com that lot of users are not happy with Dulux Renovation Range Floor primer and tile paint. 

Please recommend the product which you have used in your project, preferably with picture or links.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohamed  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting on Tile

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Mohamed (@asfaruk). It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Painting tiles on floors which receive foot traffic should be seen as a solution which has a lifespan to it. Inevitably rocks get bought in on the bottom of peoples shoes and will scratch the surface. If you are looking at a permanent solution you should perhaps consider either new tiles or even hybrid vinyl planks.

Personally, I have experience using White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint on a bath. After the appropriate preparation, it has been fantastic for the last three years with no signs of it deteriorating.

You should find these step-by-step tutorials helpful: How to paint a bathHow to paint tiles and How to paint floor tiles.   

You might be interested in reading through these previous discussions on the topic:

I look forward to hearing what our other member's experiences are with these tile paint products.

Please let me know if you need further information or have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects