Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plumbing training

sunrama
Just Starting Out

Plumbing training

Hi I am just wondering whether any training on minor plumbing work like changing washer etc?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Plumbing

Hi @sunrama, if you're asking if there are basic training courses for plumbing, the answer is yes...depending where you live. I know in Perth some TAFEs offer intro courses to plumbing which teach you the basics.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

A lot depends on where you live Qld is the most strict I think, you can change a tap washer and that is about it.

In SA Tafe has a basic home and building maintenance course that runs for 10 weeks at a cost of $520.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sunrama,

Welcome to Workshop. Great to see you make your first post and receive a couple of very prompt replies from experienced members. Looking forward to seeing how the community can help build your skills and confidence. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything around the house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

Re: Plumbing training

Totally agree with @ProjectPete and @Brad 

And welcome to the community.

I know people hammer YouTube alot but for minor repairs like you are suggesting its great.

I was lucky enough to grow up in the construction industry.

If you want to have some fun without the worries about wrecking anything in the house go down to your local Bunnings and grab an external tap, one that includes all your valves and washes.

Take it apart bit by bit.

Film it if it helps 😁

You will get to see where the washer sits the valve and the pressure it takes to undo and do the parts up.

I found this helpful years ago because the principles are almost exact with internal and external taps and shower head replacement of valves and washes.

But yes you can do courses either way.

Have fun and enjoy the community.

Kind regards Rob 👍

Re: Plumbing training

My first year was spent at the EWS training centre where you did blocks of electrical, sheet metal, mechanics, fitting and turning to compliment my trade in metal fabrication. No plumbing at the waters supply company...
But after all that I am more of a carpenter now who can lay cement and will have a go at most things...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects