Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Retro bathroom renovation tips wanted

Beebop123
Cultivating a Following

Retro bathroom renovation tips wanted

Hi there, my husband and I have just bought our first flat (woo!) and we are looking to do some work in the bathroom. It's a proper retro old bathroom complete with pink tiles and blue toilet. We want to maybe try keep some nod to the retro style but not completely pink in it's current state. In an ideal world, we'd probably look to change the layout, but from what I've heard that can be quite an expensive endeavor. Do you have any tips or clever ideas on how we could refresh the bathroom in an affordable and fresh way while still holding onto some retro style? Thanks so much! P.s if we did completely overhaul it, I'd probably go for a fresh white look with black taps, and white tiles with black grout. 

Bathroom.jfif

Re: Retro bathroom renovation tips wanted

Hi again Beebop123,

Yes I source a lot of my products from Bunnings for my renovations.  It's always good to show your trades, mainly the plumber, the products that you have purchased as early as possible so they are aware. If you are doing a lot of work yourself or out of regular business hours then Bunnings is an extra bonus for convenience and value. I have built with Kaboodle before too and found them very good quality for kitchens.  Both kitchens and bathrooms have a very wide range of costs because your decisions on the finishes can dramatically influence the costs. Choose to splurge in a few key areas that have big bang for your buck (like splashback tiles), but pull back to basics for larger items (cabinetry and wall tiles).

Beebop123
Cultivating a Following

Re: Retro bathroom renovation tips wanted

Fantastic, thank you!! We were thinking it probably makes logical sense to keep big things like the cabinetry white and simple for functional purposes but to add our own colourful touches on smaller areas as you suggested. Thanks for your time!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects