Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sandleford wardrobe hanging rail doesn't match the end pillars

cv186
Finding My Feet

Sandleford wardrobe hanging rail doesn't match the end pillars

I'm looking at hanging rails for a walk-in robe and the Sandleford 15mm Chrome Oval Rods (I/N: 4821952) look good. But the only suitable end pillar (I/N: 4821983) says its for a 19mm oval rod. It doesn't look like Sandleford make a 19mm rod, so is the pillar size wrong or is there a 19mm rod that isn't a stock item?

pillar.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sandleford wardrobe hanging rail doesn't match the end pillars

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cv186. It's lovely to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Sandleford wardrobe rails.

I apologise for the confusion, and many thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've confirmed that there is only one-size oval rod, which is the 15 x 30. There is no 19mm oval rod that these accessories could suit. The Sandleford Chrome Oval Pillar End, Sandleford 15 mm Chrome Oval Pillar Centre and Sandleford 15 x 30 mm Chrome Oval Pillar Flange all suit the Sandleford 15 x 30 x 2400mm Chrome Oval Rod that you're interested in.

Many thanks once again, and I'll pass this on to our Merchandise team so that they can correct the product descriptions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Many thanks for the confirmation MitchellMc. Sadly the "Flange" type end piece won't work in my situation and I definitely need pillar ends. But the "Sandleford Chrome Oval Pillar End" in your answer links to I/N: 4821983, so is a 19mm pillar end, and won't suit the 15x30 oval rod. Correct?

So just to be 100% clear - I appreciate that there's no 19mm rod. Is there a 15mm pillar end or just the 19mm one?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cv186

Just to be clear with my colleague's answer. There is only the Sandleford Chrome Oval Pillar Ends - 2 Pack I/N 4821983. There are no 19mm oval rods or 19mm oval pillar ends. The only compatible rod is the Sandleford 15 x 30 x 2400mm Chrome Oval Rod - I/N 4821952. I've placed a picture below that shows the other pillar ends and the one at the bottom is the oval pillar end that matches the oval pillar rod.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

cv186
Finding My Feet

So sorry to harp on about this. But again, the link you've given for  the Sandleford Chrome Oval Pillar Ends (2 Pack I/N 4821983) says it is a 19mm pillar end. If you're just saying that it's listed incorrectly and it's really a 15x30 pillar end that's great and exactly what I want. The listing on the website is very confusing!

https://www.bunnings.com.au/sandleford-chrome-oval-pillar-end-2-pack_p48

19mm oval.jpg21983

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cv186

You're absolutely correct the webpage does indicate that it is 19mm, but that is a typographical error and it's supposed to say 15mm. We'll be notifying our merchandise team so that they can fix the product description. In order to reassure you that your choice is correct, I suggest doing a test fit at the store before purchasing the product. You'll see that the oval bar will fit the oval pillar end. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your clothes rail installed and ready for use.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

usr
Just Starting Out

I have a related query. Can this rod be cut to size. When will 1800mm become available?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @usr. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hanging rods.

You can cut these rods to size using a hacksaw, and if you ask for assistance in-store, there will quite possibly be a team member that can assist you with cutting them. If you'd prefer not to cut a longer length, we can place an order for an 1800mm long rod from Sandleford, the manufacturer. Just see one of the helpful team members at your local store's Special Orders desk.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects