Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shower rail fixing points

lewy
Just Starting Out

Shower rail fixing points

Hi - I have to replace a shower rail, and the fixing points for the top/bottom brackets on the wall are 640mm apart, how can I find a replacement as ones I've searched/seen so far have 630mm or less?

Thanks in advance,

lewy

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Shower rail fixing points

Hello @lewy 

Simply buy this towel rail and pull one of the ends off. The rail can then be cut down to the size you need it to be so that it lines up with your existing fixing points. Use a hack saw or a grinder if you have one and just safely cut the ends off to the right size. Once the rails are cut simply push the end back on and you have a new towel rail at the same old size. There are many more models with the same adjustable ends at Bunnings.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2020-09-01 Estilo 760mm Chrome Lille Double Towel Rail.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks Red for the quick reply. Sorry I am talking about a vertical

shower riser tail that a shower head connects to inside the shower, the type you can slide the shower head up and down on.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lewy. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I see @redracer01 has already been assisting which is fantastic. 

Were you replacing the shower rail because it was broken or because it was outdated? If it was just broken was there any branding allowing you to purchase the same unit or at least one from that manufacturer? After having a look at a few different types myself it appears most rails max out around the 630mm mark. Was your measurement from in between the mounting holes or the outside of the top and bottom bracket? I'm just wondering whether a 630mm with some precise locating could block the previous mounting holes from view with its brackets.

You might be lucky enough to find a rail which covers the holes but I'm not sure if you would find one that uses the existing holes unless it was from the same supplier.

What colour were the tiles? If they are white you could have some success filling them with PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects