Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small bathroom renovation ideas

shazc
Finding My Feet

Small bathroom renovation ideas

Hi everyone,

We would like to remove the small shower/tub that is in our main ( and only) bathroom. We have done a renovation of our kitchen and laundry using Bunnings products - Thanks Bunnings WAGGA! And now want to tackle the bathroom.

Can anyone weigh in on the "easiest" and "cheapest" way to go about this?

1) Budget- is it possible to remove the bath base and the tiles in the shower area, and then buy a base and the acrylic wall product from Bunnings, keep the rest of the tiles but paint white with White Knight ( or similar). Replace the 70's vanity with a lovely new vanity?

2) More expensive?? Relocate the shower against the wall with the window ( how to we waterproof the window or do we replace with a different material?) and relocate the vanity to where to shower/bath is. I have spoken to the previous owners and a bath used to run along the wall from the shower to the vanity so there is a waste outlet under there somewhere.

Any ideas/ opinions would be greatly appreciated as we don't have a big budget for the project, but with elderly parents living with me I want to reduce the risk of falls.

Thanks in advance!bathroom makeover.pngphoto 1.jpgvanity and window view.jpgbath base.jpginside shower bath .jpg

shazc
Finding My Feet

Re: Small bathroom renovation ideas

This is what we have done with the rest of the house, before we ran out of money and motivation to tackle the bathroom.Kitchen stripped bearKitchen stripped bearloungeroom view to kitchen/diningloungeroom view to kitchen/dining20181125_213354.jpg20190629_140521.jpg20190611_175300.jpg20190629_140517.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shazc. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

The easiest and cheapest solution is going to be upgrading and keeping the vanity and bath where they are. You could certainly remove the bath/hob and replace it with a base tray and acrylic panels for the walls.

Painting the wall tiles will work fine but painted floor tiles generally will have a limited lifespan depending on how much wear and tear they receive. You might like to consider hybrid vinyl floor planks instead of painting the floor tiles.

Your ideal layout would be my preference as having a wall to wall shower in front of the window would allow the room to flow better. At the moment I don't feel the shower is in a great position right behind the door. The window could be tiled in so it is waterproof. Unfortunately, this will be a more expensive solution.

Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he has any thoughts on layouts.

I trust you'll find our Top 10 bathroom renovations of inspiration for your project.

We look forward to hearing what decision you make about room layout and can't wait to see you get started on the renovation as the rest of your house looks amazing.

Please let us know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @shazc,

Hope you're keeping well.

What did you end up doing with your bathroom? We'd love to see an update. Please let us know if we can help with any projects you have planned.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects