Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small main bathroom complete budget renovation

bfranc21
Finding My Feet

Small main bathroom complete budget renovation

Hi all, seeking some ideas for our small main bathroom upstairs.

Have just uncovered that the 80's reno that we bought has no waterproofing and shower recess is leaking:-(... so its a full reno job with waterproofing required.

Currently has a very large enclosed shower and corner vanity which is going.

Wanted to include in reno;

- waterproofing

- bath

- shower

- vanity

- double shaving mirror cabinet that i can recess into the wall

- add lighting near mirror

- update exhaust/heat ixl (currently only heat lamps work)

- town rails

- update bi-fold door

Bathroom1.png

bathroom2.png

Not needed

- toilet as have a seperate one

The dimensions are: 1780 wide by 2350 long 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small main bathroom complete budget renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bfranc21. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

It sounds like you have some solid plans in place for your bathroom and getting the foundation right with the water-proofing would be a fantastic place to start.

It would certainly be worth checking out our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects for some inspiration and styling.

You might also like to read through these previous discussions on bathroom renovations:

You should find these step-by-step tutorials helpful:

We look forward to seeing you get started on your bathroom renovation project and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or have questions. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @bfranc21 

After much deliberation and deep thought, Having all three items in your bathroom will just be too much. You will have to compromise on the bath and shower. You can have a bath or a shower but not both, only way to do it is in combination form, which is a shower over bath. Even if you place the smallest shower 750 x 750 and the smallest bath 1250 x 800 and force fit a vanity in the remaining space you will barely have room to stand in and your bathroom will look crowded. So my suggestion is below with a standard shower over bath and a custom made vanity at 1400mm wide. Enough for a double bowl, single if you wish, but you will have a lot of storage space in that vanity.  Towel rail stays in the same spot by the door and perhaps a new set of bi-fold doors to freshen the bathroom entrance. Enjoy the drawings, good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

Ceramic tile with timber profile!Ceramic tile with timber profile!bfranc212.jpgbfranc213.jpg 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @bfranc21 

After looking at your photo again, might I suggest just a fresh coat of paint for the bi-fold doors. Perhaps Lexicon ( full strength ) or Hogs Bristle Half both in gloss.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Wow, love the drawings thankyou. Its so hard to imagine what a space would look like.

I hadn't thought of a bath/shower but it makes sense given the small space, and make the floor area more generous.

With the vanity, to keep costs down i might go with 1200 plus shaving cabinet.

Thanks again for your ideas and great drawings:)

Thanks for idea. The doors are old and will need replacing. Im in two minds on another before (not a fan) or recessed which will cost extra.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects