Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Spray painted tapware

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Spray painted tapware

Hey Guys, 

Over the weekend I spray painted the tap and the mixer from one of the bathroom and was pretty impressed with how it turned out. After looking at some prices to buy a brand new one, I thought I would try out the Dulux 300g Metalshield Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint Satin Black first since it would save me a lot of money and it would be such a quick DIY. 

Here is how I turned the tapware from chrome to black:

IMG_4432_jpg.jpegIMG_4178.jpegBeforeBeforeIMG_4168.jpegIMG_4167.jpegAfterAfter

- First cleaned everything really well

- Sanded everywhere with a 240 grid sandpaper 

- Cleaned again to make sure it was perfect to start spraying it 

- A very important step, tape everything well to make sure spray paint doesn't go anywhere 

- Spray following the instructions on the bottle ( I applied 2 coats) 

That's it very easy DIY that makes a total difference. 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Spray Painted Tapware

Looks incredible @lifestylebymari. Paint makes such a huge difference to a space.

Thanks for sharing this clever idea of how to revamp a bathroom in an affordable way. I can imagine that members will want to know how this holds up over time so please keep us updated.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
craftyhopper
Making a Splash

Re: Spray painted tapware

@lifestylebymari 

Wow! What a difference. Great paint job. I’d be too worried of drip marks! You’ve done an amazing job 😊

Re: Spray painted tapware

Thank you so much, I just try to not spray too much in the same spot to make sure there are no drip marks :smile: 

Re: Spray Painted Tapware

Thank you so much, it really does. I will do a quick update in a couple of weeks to let everyone know :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects