Over the weekend I spray painted the tap and the mixer from one of the bathroom and was pretty impressed with how it turned out. After looking at some prices to buy a brand new one, I thought I would try out the Dulux 300g Metalshield Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint Satin Black first since it would save me a lot of money and it would be such a quick DIY.
Here is how I turned the tapware from chrome to black:
- First cleaned everything really well
- Sanded everywhere with a 240 grid sandpaper
- Cleaned again to make sure it was perfect to start spraying it
- A very important step, tape everything well to make sure spray paint doesn't go anywhere
- Spray following the instructions on the bottle ( I applied 2 coats)
That's it very easy DIY that makes a total difference.
Looks incredible @lifestylebymari. Paint makes such a huge difference to a space.
Thanks for sharing this clever idea of how to revamp a bathroom in an affordable way. I can imagine that members will want to know how this holds up over time so please keep us updated.
Wow! What a difference. Great paint job. I’d be too worried of drip marks! You’ve done an amazing job 😊
Thank you so much, I just try to not spray too much in the same spot to make sure there are no drip marks
Thank you so much, it really does. I will do a quick update in a couple of weeks to let everyone know