Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall Plugs - bath screen

GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Wall Plugs - bath screen

Hey team, I'm really lost on what plugs to get to install a shower over bath screen. There are hundreds of options and nothing really screams "tiles"

It will be going through 7mm tiles, glue and 6mm cement board to a cavity wall and the screen sits on the lip of the tub. I dont really want to be drilling massive holes for large toggles etc.

Thanks for any guidance.

Ben

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wall Plugs - bath screen

Hi @GingerNinja

Thanks for sharing that question about which wall plugs to use for your bath screen installation. Generally, I would suggest using a wall plug that's at least 50mm in length with an outside lip to prevent it from falling into your cavity wall.

Our stores recently had a batch of new wall plugs come in. I'm heading there tomorrow to have a look. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, I suggest using a stud finder that has an electrical and plumbing indicator to find out if there are any services running behind your proposed installation spot. Who knows you might get lucky and there might be a timber stud in the area. If there is you won't need any more wall plugs.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @GingerNinja

Thank you so much for your patience. I recommend using Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 4 Pack. This wall anchor covers all possible wall conditions you might have including hollow wall anchoring. I've placed a picture below for you to see.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your bath panel installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Perfect thank you Eric :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects