Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall tiling

Irenethomas
Just Starting Out

Wall tiling

Can anyone  tell me where they have done a short wall tiling course?

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Wall tiling

Hi @Irenethomas - I don’t think I’ve ever seen any short courses on tiling. I guess this might be due to having to know about waterproofing requirements etc - it’s sort of a trade. Which is not to say you can’t do it yourself, you just need to be aware of requirements. What I do, is get the plumber to deal with preparation, and then tile myself. There’s heaps of how to actually tile on YouTube, there’s some members here like @ProjectPete who post examples of tiling.

Do you have something you want to tile? Perhaps post a picture and an explanation of what you’d like to do, I’m sure there are folk (including myself) who’ll give you pointers as to where you can find the information you need.

Also, you can always teach yourself and practice the actual technique of tiling, using a sealed piece of MDF.

Do let us know how we can help, cheers Deb :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Irenethomas, great to see you make your first post and get some fantastic suggestions from Deb. I'd also recommend you take a look at @ProjectPete's How to tile a splashback for step-by-step instructions. As Deb mentioned, it would be great to learn what you are planning to tackle and we can go from there.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We have loads of helpful, clever and creative members sharing amazing creations and useful advice and information every day. We're really pleased you could join us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

After reading @Mathy response and the links from @Jason - do you have any outstanding questions @Irenethomas?
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects