Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which bypass kit should I get for my laundry sink?

ch3r
Just Starting Out

Which bypass kit should I get for my laundry sink?

Hi admin, 

I need a replacement flexible bypass kit as the current one is leaking underneath the laundry sink. However, I am unsure of the diameter to screw the flexible bypass (top end) onto the inside of the sink. 

please see pictures attached for more information. 

What is available in Bunnings that can work? 

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7035.jpeg

IMG_7032.jpeg

IMG_7041.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Which bypass kit should I get for my laundry sink?

Hi @ch3r,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you join the community and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Sorry about the very slow reply. One of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts had to take unexpected leave so we're a little behind at present. Let me tag @EricL to assist you as soon as possible. Other helpful members like @JacobZ95 might also like to share their advice in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which bypass kit should I get for my laundry sink?

Hello @ch3r 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your washing machine outlet hose.

My apologies for the late reply. If the leak is coming from the hose itself, I suggest replacing it with a BOSTON 1.2 - 4m Expandable Washing Machine And Dishwasher Outlet Drain Hose. I suspect that this is the same type of hose you currently have connected.

In regards to the bypass connection is it held in with an O ring? If it is, I suggest replacing it with a new one before you attempt to reconnect it. The other option is to connect it into the side inlet which you can see is protruding from the side of the trap. Please note that it will need to be drilled out before being used.

If the hose is the correct size, there should be no issue with you passing it through the current fittings that you have at the top of the laundry tub.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects