Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Will I need to waterproof?

georgia12
Just Starting Out

Will I need to waterproof?

D2EF1297-0E49-4E6E-A3E3-32F7C79F872F.jpeg

hi all,

I am deleting an entry doorway to the bathroom (there is two entry points and I want to delete one as it is not needed) 

when I frame the wall then plaster up both sides will I need to waterproof the side that is inside the bathroom?

Note to add- the plaster will just be painted and eventually a tile skirting to match the existing look of the bathroom

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Will I need to waterproof?

Hello @georgia12

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about waterproofing.

I tend to err on the side of caution and would recommend waterproofing the exit for safety. The shower room is exposed to a great deal of humidity every day and having that safety net in place is better than not having it there.  The benefits of having the waterproofing in place outweigh the minimal cost of the product. It will protect the wall of your bathroom for years to come. 

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno and @TheRenoQueen for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects