Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix shower leaking behind the wall?

arun11australia
Finding My Feet

How to fix shower leaking behind the wall?

IMG_8372.jpeg

73839277359__E79AE21A-DF53-48D8-882E-F6CD00D6CEAB.jpeg

Shower is leaking from possibly shower handle area behind the wall. It only leaks in to the tiles when shower is ON. And water comes out eventually out in the hallway from under the tiles. Moisture detection test was done and it showed that moisture is buildup from shower head area to all the down under the floor tiles. I have taken off the shower attachment to see but nothing i can see. I tried cutting through wall the other side of the shower to see pipewo r but after i cut through plaster board i was greeted by concrete slab kind of wall. What could be the possible solution to this ?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix shower leaking behind the wall?

Hi @arun11australia,

Thank you for your question about a leaking shower and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Unfortunately, due to the licenced and regulated nature of the plumbing industry, I would suggest you need to contact a plumber for assistance with this issue.

If you have found that the pipework is inaccessible from the back of the wall, you will likely have to remove tiles to access the pipes from the front. It is extremely likely that your waterproofing membrane will be compromised when removing tiles, so I would not attempt to do this. A plumber may be able to fix the leak without removing tiles and causing further damage to the wall, but their own investigations would need to occur to confirm this.

If you need to find a local plumber, I suggest using a service such as Hipages or True Local to find someone who can assist.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Re: How to fix shower leaking behind the wall?

Thank you jacob for your input. I've arranged plumber to come and see and fix the issue. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects