Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I close this gap between skirting board and floor in garage ?

ppp
Having an Impact

Can I close this gap between skirting board and floor in garage ?

My garage has this gap since the house built. And I assume it is intentionally built as garage could be wet area due to cleaning and all. But the problem is, it is accumulating saw dust, general dust and cleaning becoming a pain.  And I frequently clean this floor with water. 

So anyone has any suggestion how to close this gap like adding any material ?  Much appreciate your response everyone.

Garage.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I hide/close this gap between skirting board and floor in garage ?

Hi @ppp,

I believe the simplest way to close the gap would be to fill it with white wet area silicone using a caulking gun. You can use these Paint Partner 4 Piece Silicone Scrapers to get a perfect transition or alternatively dip your finger in some soapy water and smooth the silicone off.

Filling the area with anything else might be overcomplicating the issue. If you really get into cleaning the floor with water, you could consider installing something like a Brutus 19 x 19 x 2.5mm 2.4m PVC Building Moulding along the skirting. I'd think it would be best to install it with one of the sides slipped into the gap. It could then be silicone in place. This would provide additional protection to the skirting board.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can I hide/close this gap between skirting board and floor in garage ?

The other thing you could do is to use a rubber door seal in the gap..

There is a whole variety of shapes and sizes, so there would be something that would fill the gap..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects