Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Connector for hose reel

Beccc
Finding My Feet

Connector for hose reel

Hi there

I think I'm really missing something but I have scoured the internet and can't find the answer. I just bought this Maddeford hose reel and I assumed you'd just insert the 12mm hose and start winding but it doesn't fit properly. Was I meant to buy an adapter? Help! Thanks. https://www.bunnings.com.au/maddeford-wide-economy-hose-reel_p3117911

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Connector for hose reel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Beccc. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

To connect your hose to this unit, you first need to remove any click-on connections. You will feed the bare hose end through the reel and push it onto the black barb fitting. It is held in place by a hose clamp which you must purchase separately. Many hose reels use the click-on fitting internally, this can leak and pop off and the clamped option is superior in my opinion. 

The reel is then connected to your tap with a tap to reel connector.

Please let me know if you need further information or help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell

Apologies for the late reply, but this was SUPER helpful. It was really easy to do too - I just never would have worked out the clamp bit by myself! 

Thanks again

Bec 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for the update @Beccc. I'm excited you've got that sorted out.

Happy watering!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects