Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cordless drill storage charging station

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Cordless drill storage charging station

Cordless Drill Charge Station7.jpg

Community Manager's note: Love this project? We have step-by-step instructions for building your own here - How to build a drill charging station

Wood Working with Wayne
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cordless drill storage charging station

Hi @mswart1

Wayne mentions on the first page of this discussion that he didn't have a plan for this project. He has given details on how he went about it and provided additional pictures during construction which might be helpful. There is also an alternative design D.I.Y Drill Station with accompanying instructions on our website.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kaypee
Finding My Feet

Relatively simple and quite functional........................this will give me something to do in the next few days of lockdown.

BoTheBuilder
Finding My Feet

I love pinterest,im forever on there getting these sorts of ideas! I want to makw one also for my tools. Great job!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BoTheBuilder. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

It would be great to follow along with your tool storage project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance with it or would like to share with the community. I trust you'll find plenty of inspirational projects within the community as our creative members are contributing their ideas here every day.

We look forward to hearing more about the projects around your house and garden and can't wait to see your tool storage station.

Mitchell

Thanks again to longtime Bunnings Workshop community member @Wayne for sharing this fantastic project. It's been hugely popular with the community, with over 55,000 views to date.

Because of the project's popularity, our resident D.I.Y. expert Mitch has put together a full step-by-step guide to building your own, complete with a list of tools and materials. Check it out here - How to build a drill charging station

Jason

samham00
Finding My Feet

Hi Thanks for the idea. I have made my own one out of a film ply board I bought from Bunnings. Its not fancy but was quick to make and very practical. 

Cheers

589668F5-AB2B-4083-936E-4EE3F9D8CE8F.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @samham00. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

It looks like you have everything you need right there! I love the additional bit storage on the side. I'm constantly losing mine, so I'll need to add a similar modification to my charging station. 

Are there any tips you could share with our members considering a similar project? Perhaps some things to watch out for or particular successes you had?

Thanks again for sharing your project, and I look forward to seeing what you create next.

Mitchell

toughgamer
Cultivating a Following

This looks really nice! I was planning to do something like this but due to limited space I just created 2 separate pieces attached the French cleat so if I need to rearrange them it's gonna be easy.

toughgamer_0-1669160828288.png

The vacuum cleaner mount is also removable so I can swap them if needed. All those were created using offcuts so the cost was pretty much negligible :laugh: 

Hi @toughgamer,

That's such a clever use of those offcuts - loving your creativity there. Wonderful way to maximise storage space while keeping costs down. 

Great work, and can't wait to see what project you tackle next. 

Akanksha 

jimohalloran
Cultivating a Following

So, it started out a bit over three years ago with a simple upgrade of @Wayne's classic design...

IMG_0551.jpg

Then 18 months later, I thought my tool collection was complete, but didn't fit in the original cabinet anymore.  So I built this from a shelf we removed from our built in robe...

IMG_1077.jpeg

Today, I have no illusions that my collection is complete, and I've just added more storage because not everything fit neatly into the other cabinet (which is still full)...

IMG_1624.jpeg

I still need to hang this one up, but it's looking good!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects