Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

First table saw

Mikeyhz
Growing in Experience

First table saw

Saw.pngHello everyone, is this a decent saw?(accurate,stable etc)  Ryobi 1800W Table Saw (254mm) (RTS1526RG)

I'm wanting to purchase my first table saw and this one is around my budget. I’ll be using it mainly for small jobs such as shelving, small tables, tool/Storage boxes etc 

or is there a better alternative? 

Any help would be much appreciated 

Re: First table saw

@Tara86- hello, I have found the laser to be very good - I did a few test pieces at first to gauge if any leeway was required and it was pretty accurate - any error has been “user” error!  In regards to movement - I’ve cut everything from thick cuts to thin. You will get some movement on the very thin pieces so I make sure I anchor those down with clamps. I have the model with the angle cut so still working this out! But for a novice and the price - I’m pretty happy with it. I mounted mine onto an Ikea  butchers trolley so I have good height for cutting and can wheel it around whilst having stability - but it mostly stays in my shed. I have also made a couple of “ladders” so that longer pieces can rest when cutting and provides a platform for clamps. The saw is lightweight so you can move it around easily and has good locking mechanisms when/if need to move it. Hope this helps.

Shagen
Building a Reputation

I am new to woodworking and have been trying to do a lot of things with little budget. I bought a Ryobi table saw after seeing a lot of videos. This is the best investment for me. I found that I can pretty much do anything with a table saw that I could do with any other cutting tool. It is very versatile and I love it.

Perhaps because it is an entry level DIY saw, but I found the gauge inaccurate. I had to use a square to measure it up to ensure it cuts straight. Once done, it was a breeze.

Gareth
Building a Reputation

I brought this one and I can't fault it for the price

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's amazing to see you make your first post on the community @Gareth, and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

That's some fantastic feedback on the Ryobi 1800W 254mm Table Saw, which I trust will benefit many of our members.

It would be great to see some of the projects you've used the machine to create. We'd encourage you to let us know if you'd ever like to share a project or need assistance with one. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for your projects within the community as our creative members contribute their ideas here all the time.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have been up to around the house and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Gareth
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell 

these are some projects that I have complete and my table saw which came very handy, I also use my Ryobi drop saw , and I am happy for you to share our project with all of my supplies brought from Bunnings

I made a fire pit coverI made a fire pit coverA barA bar

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic work @Gareth. I'd suggest you hit the Start a discussion button and make two separate posts about these projects, including as much detail as possible. I'm sure other members would be really inspired to see what you have done. We could feature your handiwork on our Project Gallery to ensure they get the attention they deserve. 

Well done,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Gareth,

Many thanks for posting those images of your projects; they look amazing! As @Jason has mentioned, we'd be delighted if you'd start a discussion and show our members in detail what you've created.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your projects as I trust they'll be of great inspiration to our members.

Well done.

Mitchell

Hi @Gareth @Shagen , 

I'm considering a table saw or a Drop saw. 

How is the fence of this one  ?

Read this review  , If the fence of a $500 saw is not good, I'll instead stick to my Circular saw. 

Also read some decent reviews about Evolution Rage 5S, its 100 more, however, if it simply works, instead of making me work for it, I'll prefer it. 

Ryobi 1800W 254mm Table Saw | Bunnings Warehouse

Great price.
★★★★★★★★★★4 out of 5 stars.

Happy with this tool. The only thing I don't like is the fence system, won't lock in square, I have to square it up every time I change the width for a cut.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects