Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage floor rejuvenation

DblD
Finding My Feet

Garage floor rejuvenation

20210821_085640.jpg

preparing the floor by grinding, quick vacuum, wash, then a wash with the Rocksolid etch

20210821_085648.jpg

etch completed and dry reay for primer 

20210821_100212.jpg

Rocksolid Universal Bonding floor primer complete. Wait as per instructions to apply top coat.

20210821_140928.jpg

Rocksolid top coat and vinyl fleck complete with one kit. Gave it a couple of days before walking on.

This job was completed 12 months ago. I can report unfortunately the hot tyres did lift the finish and it's slippery when wet. We are happy with how easy it is to keep clean.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Garage floor rejuvenation

Ho @DblD 

Thank you for sharing this transformation.

Sorry to hear some areas are lifting with the hot tyres do you think it could be in areas where the old surface wasn't removed enough? 

Some antislip thrown in the mix whilst mixing the paint would have helped with the slippery floor when wet but that's always the way of realising it after the fact.

It certainly looks good though well done.

Carl

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garage floor rejuvenation

Hello @DblD

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your garage floor rejuvenation.

That garage floor looks fantastic, I'm sorry to hear that you got some hot tire pick-up damage. I suggest placing some Matpro 2m Black Garage Floor Mat on the left and right of the garage during rainy days to help you with the slippery floor.

Again, thank you for sharing your garage floor rejuvenation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects